Where We Stand
We are closely monitoring the evolution of the Coronavirus outbreak and keeping in line with the guidance from the Government, Public Health England and World Health Organization. We are now running events again although we are not yet at full operating capacity. We will be notifying customers individually and directly regarding changes to event dates and bookings, so please keep an eye on your emails. We are advising all customers with bookings to add [email protected] to your email contact list and safe senders list to ensure you receive any important updates regarding your event. This protects against overzealous spam filters. If you think you should have received important information please ensure you have checked any of the following folders, spam, junk, clutter, other.
The front page of our website also provides up to date information of the immediate event status’
We are asking all public and staff to follow government advice to prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
How are we protecting staff and customers from COVID-19?
The risk of cross-contamination of the virus is a possibility. However we are fully compliant with the governments latest information for our area and the following measures put in place to safeguard yourselves and our staff include;
- Social distancing procedures during registration and training and only children allowed to use the Segways during Part 2 of the lockdown rollout
- Hand sanitising stations (available to customers and staff)
- Our pre-booking system means we can check people are symptom free before they attend
- People arriving on site at our locations are staggerred throughout the day which means there are no mass gatherings of people.
- Our capacity is 30 people in the same way a restaurant has a maximum seating capacity per sitting. Most people attend with guests but Super Segway group sizes are limited to a max of 10 people in line with government guidance.
- Our venue has measures in place to control visitor numbers and have increased the frequency of cleaning toilets, facilities, and the Super Segway’s.
- On arrival, we will ask you to sanitise your hands before registering.
- Your details from your waiver will be used for track & trace purposes, if required.
- All staff will wear masks or visors during training. All riders of 12 years and older will also be required to do so.
Please DO NOT attend if:
- You are shielding or have a weakened immune system
- Have experienced any of the COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days prior to your booking
- Been in contact with anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
Can I socially distance?
We have put in place procedures which mean you can socially distance yourself during registration and training. When it comes to the experience and riding a Super Segway, means you can’t keep your distance from others in the group just like you would in the street. However please be aware that our groups can be from a mix of households so you will be sharing your experience with others.
I have an experience booked and want to cancel or reschedule it due to COVID-19
We are happy to rebook your event, however we can only do this via email. You cannot change the date of the event using our website.
To change your date please look at our events listing and choose your new date. Please then reply to your original booking confirmation with the new date you would like to move it. Future dates can be found here – www.SuperSegway.co.uk We have waived all rebooking fees and voucher extension fees so there is no cost to you to re-schedule your event date.
Is my event going ahead? – COVID19
We will be notifying customers individually and directly regarding changes to event dates and bookings, so please keep an eye on your emails. We are advising all customers with bookings to add [email protected] to your email contact list and safe senders list to ensure you receive any important updates regarding your event. This protects against overzealous spam filters. If you think you should have received important information please ensure you have checked any of the following folders, spam, junk, clutter, other.
The front page of our website also provides up to date information of the immediate event status’ Currently there are lots of factors that are determining whether we can go ahead with an event If any customers are concerned, please contact us at [email protected] Please however be aware our customer service team is not at full strength but we are replying to all email and website enquiries and we would ask for patience at this time.
What cleaning and hygiene procedures have you put in place?
All customer Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is santisied after use without exception.
Sanitiser facilities are all around the registration area for our customers to use. All customers will be asked to sanitise their hands before stepping onto the Super Segway and key touch points e.g handlebars will be cleaned / santisied after every customer. Staff will wear face shields or masks when in close proximity.
Will I have to wear a face covering?
For taking part in your experience if you are over 12 you will be asked to wear a face covering during the training / registration process and when on the Super Segway. You are welcome to use your own masks / covering and we also have them to purchase should you need to. Wearing face coverings while walking in our inside areas, or for spectators at the venue is mandatory and the Law. Unless they are under 12 or eating and drinking in the cafeteria.
How can you help?
Mandatory hand washing or sanitising ensures greater protection for all our customers and staff against COVID-19. New or clean gloves are permitted for the experience but hand washing or sanitising is still required for registration.
Good personal, respiratory and hand hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19, wash your hands frequently, either with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands, as this is how the virus can enter your body.